- My Fellow Golfers, Greetings for the New Year and I would like to wish you a enjoyable golfing year ahead.
- At the outset of my lifelong Journey of blogging, I have decided to write my first blog on “Visualization”. I have felt that Visualization will be a great subject to write and help my fellow golfers out there to understand its relevance in improving their play. My endeavour will be to simplify its understanding for easy implementation during your day to day play at golf courses.
- It is absolutely essential for golfers of all skill level to understand and imbibe the art of Visualization for better golfing experiences. Visualization is a catalyst between the intentions and their desired outcomes in a golf swing. The process of visualization is unique to human intelligence. The power of visualization makes humans capable of achieving complex and seemingly unreachable goals in their personal, professional and sporting life. Simply speaking what you will see from your mind’s eye is what you will most likely to get as a final outcome.
- During my personal growth as a player I have come to realise that the aspect of visualization is either explained too technically or is heavily driven with psychological studies. These approaches prevent golfers to get any meaningful takeaways for its implementation during their round of golf and are rarely put to use while they play golf.
- It is a universal fact that humans are the only living species which can visualize their actions during the planning stage to achieve best outcomes. Most importantly this powerful tool is available free of cost and does not count towards your 14 club in golf bag. So if you learn the art of visualization correctly this will be a win-win situation for you within the frame work of Rules with a distinct advantage over your competitors. The key to unlock your golfing potential and play at your best at all times invariably rest with one’s ability to visualize the golf shots in the mind before their execution. The process of visualization is unique to each individual and that is the sole reason why it will work for golfers of all skill level.
- During my research and diligent practices, I have learned certain techniques/ tricks which can be safely relied upon for an instant improvement in the outcome of your golf swing. This is what you can do while playing your next round of golf at your favourite golf course :-
- Step 1– Address the golf ball in your normal way.
- Step 2– While at address, look down at the golf ball and paint the intended club travel path in your favourite colour (white or yellow) with your mind‘s eye.
- Step 3 – Rehearse a swing with your golf club over this painted image on green grass mimicking the intended club head travel through the golf ball.
- Step 4 – Make a swing at the golf ball without losing the image of this painted path in your mind’s eyes for a perfect and desired outcome.
- Step 5 – It’s a lot easier to swing the club on this enhanced painted image on grass for a long and straight golf shots.
Caution :- Do not visualize the club path through the golf ball in ‘ RED Colour’ . The reason behind this is that our unconscious mind is wired from time immemorial to relate the ‘ RED Colour’ with aggression / errors so much that it will invariably lead to over swing or infusion of excessive power. This will seriously interfere with your rhythm and constant acceleration required for a perfect golf swing.
MY NEXT BLOG WILL BE ON “ HOW TO USE THE POWER OF VISUALIZATION TO PRODUCE DIFFERENT BALL FLIGHTS AND TRAJECTORIES IN REAL TIME WHILE PLAYING ON THE GOLF COURSE.………
[ DEAR GOLFERS , IF YOU HAVE FOUND IT VALUABLE TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME OF GOLF AND DID HELP IN ELEVATING YOUR GAME THAN DO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE EXCITING TIPS AND LEARN GOLF SIMPLY .
Do follow the ‘JOE’s Life Skills Lab‘ and get yourself enrolled in my E – Mail Newsletter “SUNDAY RETAZOS” sent exclusively to my subscribers with weekly updates on Mindful Productivity, life lessons and interesting articles I discover during the Week. I AM SURE YOU DO NOT LIKE TO MISS OUT ON THIS .